- 3 T olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 300 g risotto rice
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 200 g baby tomatoes, juiced
- 400 g whole baby tomatoes
- 4 cups warm chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 -2 T unsalted butter
- 4 T Parmesan, grated
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 150 g fior di latte mozzarella, shredded
- Italian parsley, finely chopped, for sprinkling (optional)
- Ingredients aren't specified.
1. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan. Add the onion and cook gently until softened but still pale. Stir in the garlic.
2. Add the rice and a little more oil if necessary. Stir until well coated. Add the juiced tomatoes and cook, stirring, until almost all the liquid is absorbed. Add the whole baby tomatoes and cook, stirring, for a few minutes.
3. Ladle in 1 cup stock and simmer, stirring, until almost absorbed. Gradually add the remaining stock in the same way, cooking until the rice is swollen and tender but still has a bit of a bite. Start checking after 20 minutes.
4. Stir in the butter and Parmesan. Add a twist or two of black pepper and check the seasoning.
5. Bury the mozzarella in the risotto so it starts to melt. Check the seasoning. Serve immediately, sprinkled with parsley.