- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 8 free-range deboned chicken thighs, chopped and skin reserved
- 1/2 each Woolworths crushed garlic, ginger and chilli cubes
- 1⁄4 cup Woolworths sweet Indonesian soya sauce
- 1/3 cup soya sauce
- 1 T sesame oil
- 2x 300g packs Woolworths Ready to Eat udon noodles
- For the edamame beans
- 2 cups edamame beans, blanched
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 two-minute noodle seasoning sachet (or 1T Woolworths Thai seven-spice blend)
1. In a hot pan or wok, fry the red onion in 2 T olive oil until slightly charred on the edges and still slightly crunchy. Remove from the pan and set aside.
2. Fry the chicken in 2 T olive oil until golden and cooked through. Add the garlic, ginger and chilli and fry for 1 minute. Stir in the soya sauces and sesame oil and caramelise until sticky. Toss with the udon noodles, red onion and grilled edamame beans.
3. To make the edamame beans, preheat the grill. Pat the beans dry. Toss in the olive oil and two-minute noodle seasoning or seven-spice to coat, arrange on a baking tray in an even layer and grill until golden and crisp. Remember to only eat the beans out of the pod.
Cook’s note: Fry the reserved chicken skin until crispy and serve with the noodles if you like.