- 3 T sriracha sauce
- 2 T honey
- ¼ cup soya sauce
- 12 free-range chicken wings
- 2 sweetcorn cobs, blanched and drained
- 1 x 400 g can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 T Woolworths sliced pickled jalapeños, plus 2 T pickling liquid from the jar
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 gem lettuce
- Woolworths sriracha mayo, a squeeze
- Woolworths fajita spice, for sprinkling
Preheat the oven to 200°C. Mix sriracha sauce with honey and soya sauce. Toss the free-range chicken wings in the marinade and set aside for 15 minutes.
Arrange 3 wings on 4 skewers, then bake on a tray for 45 minutes, or until sticky and cooked through.
Meanwhile, blanch the cobs of sweetcorn, drain and char over an open flame or on a hot griddle pan. Cut the kernels off the cobs and mix with drained and rinsed red kidney beans, jalapeños, pickling liquid from the jar and sliced spring onions. Season to taste.
Slice the gem lettuces in half, add a squeeze of Woolworths sriracha mayo and sprinkle with Woolworths fajita spice.
Serve the chicken wings with the spicy bean salsa and lettuce wedges.
Cook's note: East meets Mex - these wings are also fantastic in Woolies’ taco shells with grated Cheddar. And you can use the same marinade for chicken breast fillets or pork fillet if you like.