- 3 T wholegrain mustard
- 2 T honey
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 ClemenGolds, juiced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 500 g Woolworths pork steaks
- 400 g Woolworths mixed chopped mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 T balsamic vinegar
- 200 g baby spinach
- 2 x 250 g Woolworths seven-grain medley packs
- 1 T butter
1 Combine the mustard, honey, olive oil and ClemenGold juice with the seasoning.
2. Brush onto the steaks, then sear over a high heat to caramelise, about 4 minutes on each side. Add the remainin marinade to the pan and let it bubble for 3–5 minutes to reduce slightly. Remove the steaks from the pan and slice, then return to the pan and caramelise slightly in the marinade.
3. In another pan, fry the mushrooms and garlic until golden brown. Add the balsamic vinegar and fold in the spinach to wilt.
4. Microwave the grain sachets according to package instructions. Add the grains to the mushrooms and spinach, then add the butter and allow to melt. Serve hot with the sticky pork.
COOK’S NOTE: Slicing the pork steaks and frying them in the marinade creates a larger surface area to absorb flavour and also makes it go further for a crowd.
Photograph: Andrea Van Der Spuy
Food assistant: Ellen Schwerdtfeger