- 4 chicken fillets, flattened
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 fennel bulb, shaved using a vegetable peeler
- 1/2 cup good-quality chicken stock
- 170 g asparagus spears, sliced lengthways and blanched, for serving
- For the chilli sauce, mix:
- 1/4 cup honey
- 5 T fish sauce
- 2 red chillies, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
Preheat the oven to 180°C. Wrap a chopping board in clingwrap, place the chicken fillets onto the board, then cover with another layer of clingwrap. Using a rolling pin, flatten the chicken breasts. Remove the clingwrap, then season to taste.
Place a sheet of baking paper onto a baking tray and add the fennel. Top with the chicken and pour over the chicken stock. Cover with another sheet of baking paper and crimp the edges to form a parcel. Cook in the oven for 15–20 minutes.
Remove from the oven and open the parcel. Pour over the chilli sauce and serve with the asparagus spears.