My enduring memory of Kassler chops was eating them once a week in the cafeteria when I worked at a hotel in Gqeberha. I ate them with mashed potatoes and no veg whatsoever. This is a suited-and-tied version.
- 1 x 250 g pack Woolworths Colorburst soft-eating nectarines,
- 1 T Woolworths habanero paste
- 2 cups orange juice, strained
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 kg Woolworths Kassler chops
- 200 g Woolworths butternut spaghetti, cooked according to package instructions
- radicchio leaves, for serving
1. Place the nectarines, habanero paste and orange juice in a saucepan and simmer until reduced and slightly thickened. Set aside.
2. Heat a griddle or nonstick pan and add the olive oil. Fry the chops for 3 minutes on both sides until browned. Serve immediately with the butternut spaghetti and radicchio. Drizzle with the glaze.
Photograph: Myburgh Du Plessis
Production: Khanya Mzongwana
Food Assistant: Ella Maepa