- 2 x basic meringue recipe
- double-thick yoghurt, for serving
- For the whisky-candied nuts:
- 1/4 cup water
- 100 g sugar
- 1 T whisky
- 100 g pecans, roughly chopped
1. Find the recipe for the basic meringue here. Preheat the oven to 120°C and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
2. Spoon the meringue mixture onto the baking tray. Bake for 2 hours, or until set on the outside and soft and gooey on the inside.
3. To make the whisky-candied nuts, place the water and sugar in a saucepan over a medium heat and stir until the sugar has dissolved. Increase the heat and cook until caramel in colour, but not dark amber. Add the whisky and stir in the chopped pecans. Allow to cool slightly.
4. To serve, dollop the yoghurt onto the meringue and scatter over the whisky-candied nuts.