- 100 grams broccoli, florets and stalks, rinsed, drained
- 3 tbsp Breadcrumbs, substitute with pine nuts / walnuts
- 1 tsp garlic, chopped
- 50 grams Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp lemon juice, fresh / bottled
- 3 tbsp olive / sunflower oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Put the broccoli florets, garlic, lemon juice, oil and pepper in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Add the cheese and breadcrumbs. Add salt to taste. Add more lemon juice, oil and pepper if you want.
(You don’t have to use breadcrumbs – I use it, cause then I can use less oil.)
This is a refreshing spread for baguette, toast, or even as a dip. I’ve mixed my pesto with cooked rice.