- 6 Woolworths slicing tomatoes, halved
- 400 g Woolworths cherry tomatoes
- 2 x 250 g Woolworths tricolore peppers punnets, seeded and chopped
- 60 g Woolworths mixed Italian olives
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 chillies, chopped
- 3 T olive oil
- 2 T balsamic vinegar
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2–3 T Woolworths soft ricotta
- 500 g papardelle pasta
- fresh basil, for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C. Arrange the tomatoes, peppers, olives, garlic and chilli in a large, deep baking tray. Drizzle with 2 T olive oil and the balsamic vinegar and season. Roast for 20 minutes or until caramelised and slightly softened, shaking the pan occasionally to ensure even cooking.
2. Cook the pasta until al dente, then drain, reserving some pasta water. Add the warm pasta to the hot baking tray with the ricotta and the remaining olive oil and toss, adding a little pasta water to loosen if necessary. Serve hot with the basil.
Cook's note: Sweet peppers add a natural sweetness to any dish, whether roasted in balsamic and garlic or scorched over an open flame on the braai and peeled to melt-in-the-mouth ribbons. I love blitzing leftover peppers into a quick pesto or a chunky salsa to elevate everyday meals.
Photograph: Sadiqah Assur-Ismail
Food assistants: Claire Gooderson & Emma Nkunzana