This shredded chicken over soft polenta is made with leftovers from Hannah Lewry's genius one-pot chicken recipe. Find the recipe for loadshedding one-pot chicken here.
- 125 g polenta
- reserved chicken cooking liquid
- leftover roast chicken, shredded
- leftover chorizo
- leftover poached leeks
- butter, for frying
- parsley, chopped, to garnish
1. Cook the polenta according to package instructions using the chicken's cooking liquid – add more water if necessary.
2. Reheat the chorizo in a pan until crispy, adding the shredded chicken to warm through and coat in the chorizo oil.
3. Halve the reserved leeks lengthways and pan-fry in butter until caramelised. Serve the polenta topped with the leeks, chorizo and chicken. Garnish with parsley.
Photographs: Jan Ras
Production: Hannah Lewry
Food assistant: Claire-Ellen Van Rooyen