- 500 g Woolworths spring onion-and-feta pork sausages
- 1 T canola oil
- 4 Portuguese rolls, toasted
- gherkins, for serving
- For the relish:
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 T olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 red chillies, seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 t smoked dried chilli flakes
- 2 t smoked paprika
- 1 t dried oregano
- 2 T tomato paste
- 5 Roma tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 T brown sugar
- 1 T Worcestershire sauce
- 2 T red wine vinegar
- For the celeriac slaw, mix:
- 1 bulb celeriac, peeled and sliced into small matchsticks
- ¼ cup good-quality mayonnaise
Fry the pork sausages in a little oil over a medium heat until golden and cooked through. Set aside.
To make the relish, fry the onion in the oil until soft. Add the garlic, chilli, chilli flakes, smoked paprika and oregano and fry for a further minute. Add the remaining ingredients and reduce until thick. Set aside to cool.
To serve, top each roll with relish, chopped sausage and celeriac slaw. Serve with a few gherkins on the side.