This recipe is made using leftovers from Hannah Lewry's roast pork belly with wakame seaweed rice. Find the recipe for roast pork belly with wakame seaweed rice here.
- leftover pork belly
- sushi mayonnaise, for serving
- coriander, for serving
- lime juice, for serving
- 8 Woolworths soft textured white sesame slider buns, toasted
- For the cucumber salad:
- 2 t brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 cucumbers, peeled and roughly chopped
- 6 radishes, sliced
- sea salt, to taste
- toasted sesame seeds, for sprinkling
- toasted sesame oil, for drizzling
1.Remove the pork from the fridge and allow to reach room temperature.
2. To make the salad, dissolve the sugar in the rice wine vinegar. Add the cucumber and allow to stand at room temperature for 10 minutes. Add the radishes, salt, sesame seeds and oil.
3. Serve with the sliced pork belly, fresh coriander, mayonnaise and lime juice on warm toasted buns.
Photographs: Jan Ras
Production: Hannah Lewry
Food assistant: Claire-Ellen Van Rooyen