- 1 T olive oil
- 2 x 150 g portions rainbow trout
- 280 g brown rice, cooked
- 1 beetroot, peeled and sliced into matchsticks
- 65 g Tenderstem broccoli tips, blanched and roughly chopped
- 60 g sugar snap peas, blanched and roughly chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled into ribbons
- 2 avocados, havled
- 3 spring onions, peeled and placed into iced water to curl
- 1⁄2 lemon, juiced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- For the butter-bean dressing, blend:
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup tahini
- 1⁄4 cup butter beans
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 T lemon juice
- 1⁄2 t fresh tumeric, grated
- Salt, to taste
Heat the olive oil in a nonstick pan over a high heat. Sear the trout, then remove from the heat.
To assemble, divide the remaining ingredients between 4 bowls and top with the seared trout. Drizzle over the lemon juice and serve with the butter-bean dressing. Season to taste.
Cook's note: Oily fish like trout contain Omega-3 fatty acids, good for our hearts, brains and eyes. As part of its journey to help you eat well, Woolies aims to stock more responsibly sourced fish and seafood and trout is a great sustainable choice.
BROWN RICE MAKE-AHEAD STRATEGY
Make double or triple the quantity of brown rice to use in these three ways:
1. Add raisins, chopped almonds, fresh coriander and ground cinnamon and pile into halved peppers. Drizzle with olive oil and roast for 15 minutes.
2. Toss rice with grated coconut, chopped ginger, mint, coriander, tamarind and peanuts.
3. Blend spinach and lemon juice, then fold into the rice and add a dollop of yoghurt to finish.