“The air-fryer is my go-to piece of equipment during the week. It cooks crumbed fish to crunchy perfection.” – Abigail Donnelly
- 400 g fresh hake
- 200 g Woolworths panko crumbs
- 1 free-range egg, beaten
- 2 T sunflower oil
- 8 Woolworths mini white flour wraps
- Woolworths Crunchita lettuce, for serving
- Woolworths mini Rosa tomatoes, for serving
- green chilli, for serving
- 1 lemon
- For the miso mayo, mix:
- 4 T good-quality mayonnaise
- 2 t Woolworths miso paste
1. Heat an air-fryer to 175°C. Cut the fish into 5 cm pieces.
2. Place the crumbs on a plate and beat the egg and oil together in a bowl.
3. Using a fork, dip the fish into the egg mixture, then toss in the crumbs. Place the fish on a plate.
4. Spray the air- fryer basket with oil. Place the fish in the basket and cook for 6 minutes.
5. Toast the wraps over an open flame or in a hot pan. When hot, place them in a bowl so that they fit tightly and leave to cool. They will form a taco shape.
6. To serve, fill the shells with the lettuce, tomato, chilli and fish. Spoon over the miso mayo and add a squeeze of lemon juice.
Cooks' note: If you don’t have miso paste, substitute it with 2 T soya sauce. As an alternative garnish, combine a readymade Woolworths slaw (the rainbow slaw gets our vote) with the miso mayo.
Photographs: Jan Ras
Food assistants: Emma Nkunzana