- 1 kg cake flour, plus extra for dusting
- 10 g instant dry yeast
- 1 T fine salt
- 3 T brown sugar
- 30 g pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 30 g dried cranberries
- 1½ cups Woolworths butternut soup
1. Place all the dry ingredients into a bowl and combine. Heat the soup in the microwave until warm, but not piping hot.
2. Make a well in the dry ingredients and gradually pour in the warm butternut soup, gently stirring using a wooden spoon or a spatula, to combine the ingredients into a soft but pliable dough. If your dough is still very sticky, add a bit more flour until a doughy consistency is achieved.
3. Gently knead for five minutes, then cover and allow to prove for 25–30 minutes or until doubled in size. Gently turn out the dough onto a floured surface and shape into loaves.
4. Place over medium-hot coals and bake for approximately 10 minutes on each side or until golden and cooked through. Serve immediately.
Cook's note: You’ve never eaten bread and soup like this! I put cranberries and butternut soup into the dough to make a sweet, homely bread that’s best eaten straight from the coals.
Photograph: Willow Tucker