- 600 g fresh angelfish, skinned and filleted
- ½ t chilli powder
- 1 t dried oregano
- Salt, to taste
- Olive oil, for moistening
- 6-8 wraps
- 1 baby cabbage, finely shredded
- Fresh coriander, for serving
- Limes, halved, for serving
- For the smashed avocado:
- 2 medium ripe Hass avocados
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- To make the tomato salsa, mix:
- 2 firm ripe red tomatoes, finely chopped
- 3 red salad onions, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- Sea salt, to taste
Dust the fish with the chilli powder, sprinkle with oregano and salt and moisten with olive oil.
Pangrill for a few minutes on each side until seared and just cooked. Transfer to a platter.
At the table, wrap the fish in the warmed wraps, adding the cabbage, smashed avocado, tomato salsa, coriander and a squeeze of lime.
To make the smashed avocado, scoop the avocado flesh into a bowl. Add the lime juice, garlic and seasoning. Mash roughly using the back of a spoon.