- 2-3 Flavourburst™ Envy™ apples, halved and cored
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1-2 t ground cinnamon
- 60 g caster sugar 60g
- 80 g cream cheese
- 1 x 250g sheet Woolworths Frozen all butter puff pastry, thawed
1. Preheat the oven to 180C°.
2. Slice your Envy™ apples super thinly and place in the bowl with lemon juice, cinnamon and sugar and microwave for 3 minutes until softened and the slices are evenly coated. This helps the apples bend without breaking.
3. Roll your sheet of thawed puff pastry out and cut into 4 evenly sized strips.
4. Spread cream cheese over each strip
5. Arrange the cinnamon sugar apples on the edge of each strip, overlapping the edge slightly and overlapping each other. Carefully fold over the other half of the pastry and swiftly roll from one side to the other to make a tight roll of pastry and reveal a rose-like shape.
6. Place into well greased muffin pans and bake on the lowest baking rack to prevent your apples from burning for 40 – 45 minutes until cooked through.
7. If they begin to catch simply cover with foil. Enjoy warm with an extra drizzle of honey.