- 250 g Woolworths Flavourburst white grapes, halved
- 4 green apples, thinly sliced
- 1 x 300 g packet Woolworths red and white coleslaw
- 1 fennel bulb, shaved
- Edible flowers, to garnish
- Crushed pistachios, for serving
- For the dressing, whisk:
- 1 T tahini paste
- ½ lemon, zested and juiced
- ½ cup plain yoghurt
- 2 t mint, finely chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Toss the grapes, apple, coleslaw and fennel with the dressing. Serve topped with pistachios and garnished with edible flowers.
Cook's note: What better way to revamp a New York classic? Use yoghurt for mayo, fennel rather than celery and pistachios in place of walnuts.
Do you remember Fawlty Towers? The beleagured Basil’s salad nemesis started life at the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel in New York in 1896 when the maître d’, Oscar Tschirky, dressed chopped apples and celery in mayonnaise – for the grand opening. Grapes and chopped walnuts came later but we’re using pistachios and fennel, #justsaying.