- 400 g thin pasta
- 1 perfect ripe avocado
- For the sauce, blend together until smooth:
- 1 large ripe avocado, mashed
- 1/2 cup crème fraîche
- 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- Handful of shredded basil or coriander leaves
- Sea salt and milled black pepper
- Basil or coriander leaves for sprinkling
Mix the sauce with the drained hot pasta and check seasoning.
If necessary, loosen with more hot stock. Add chopped or sliced avocado.
Top with basil or coriander. Serve immediately.
This easy dish is great eaten at room temperature, as a salad pasta, tossed with chunks of avo and peeled cooked small prawns. It’s also delicious topped with hot prawns, pan-fried in olive oil flavoured with chilli and garlic.