- 349 g Morinaga Mori-nu Firm Tofu, drained and pressed
- 200 g flour + extra for dusting
- Pinch of salt
- For the Tray-bake sauce:
- 400 g cherry tomatoes
- 1 red pepper, roughly chopped
- 5 garlic cloves
- Sprig of oregano
- 1 T olive oil
- salt, to taste
- basil pesto, to serve
- Parmesan, grated, to serve
- fresh basil, to serve
- salt and black pepper, to season
1. Preheat oven to 200ºC. Place all the ingredients for the sauce in a roasting pan and roast for 25 minutes or until golden.
2. To make the dough, mix the drained tofu, flour and salt together in a bowl. Empty the dough onto a lightly floured surface and roll into logs. Slice into small cubes.
3. Bring a pot of salted water to the boil and drop the gnocchi into the simmering pot. Once the gnocchi starts to float, remove from the pot. Add the gnocchi to the roasting tray with an extra splash of olive oil and roast for 5 minutes, or until the gnocchi is golden and vegetables are cooked.
4. Serve in a bowl, with basil pesto, grated parmesan and fresh basil. Season with salt and black pepper.
Morinaga Mori-nu Tofu is a low-fat, heart-healthy vegetable protein that is made with non-GMO soybeans, and packaged in unique aseptic packaging that protects fresh tofu from light and bacteria. Add it to stir-fries, soups, deep-fry it, braise it... the options are endless! Find it on Woolworths shelves, in firm and extra-firm varieties.