- 4 x 150 g sustainable firm white fish fillets
- 1 baby cos (romaine) lettuce, leaves separated
- 1 bunch wild rocket
- 1 handful basil leaves
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Flatbread, for serving
- For the sweet chilli sauce, whisk:
- 1 t fresh red chilli (or dried chilli flakes), thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 - 3 t xylitol or sugar
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 200°C. Place the fish in a roasting pan and drizzle with a little sweet chilli sauce. Toss and set aside for 5 minutes.
Bake the fish for 8 minutes, then finish under the grill for a further 4 to 5 minutes, or until cooked through.
Toss the lettuce, rocket, basil and avocado with a little sweet chilli sauce to coat.
Serve on top of the flatbread with the grilled fish, the lemon wedges and the remaining sweet chilli sauce on the side.
Cook's note: Free of yeast, sugar, dairy, eggs, wheat and gluten, this no-fuss chilli sauce is a versatile replacement to off-the-shelf sauces that often have additives lurking in the mix. Use also as a marinade, salad dressing or basting sauce when grilling fish, meat or vegetables.
READ MORE: Liezel Norval-Kruger makes a life-changing move to allergen-free bread.