These are not your ordinary pap balls! They're loaded with cheese, sweetcorn, fresh coriander and falafel seasoning.
- 300 g super maize meal
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups water
- 2 cobs Woolworths supersweet sweetcorn
- ½ cup mild Cheddar, grated
- 2 T fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 T fresh coriander, chopped
- 30 g falafel seasoning
- 2 T oil
- 1 iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 2 salad tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup yoghurt
- 2 t smooth peanut butter
- 1 t honey
- Juice of ½ a lemon
1. Cook corn in boiling water. Remove and reserve two cup of the cooking water. Remove kernels from cobs.
2. Bring the reserved cooking water and stock to the boil. Whisk in maize meal. Cover the pot and simmer on low heat for 10 min.
3. Mix corn kernels, cheese, herbs and salt into pap.
4. Roll into balls and lightly sauté in some oil.
5. Mix the dressing ingredients together
6. Serve the pap falafaels on a salad of lettuce, cucumber and tomato and dollop with the peanut dressing.
Cost per serving: R19.49*
*Prices calculated in December 2022