This free-form tiramisu is also egg-free which is great if the thought of raw egg gives you pause. Woolies’ long-life cream whips up beautifully, adding the lightness that would normally be supplied by the egg whites. Top with melted chocolate for a super decadent pud that’s as easy to make as any old fridge cake!
- 1 cup strong coffee
- 4 T rum or sherry (optional)
- 1 x 200 g packet Boudoir biscuits
- 250 g mascarpone
- 250 g Woolworths cultured cream creme fraiche
- 3 T caster sugar
- 2 t vanilla paste
- 250 ml Woolworths long-life whipping cream, chilled and whipped
- 150 g 48% chocolate drops , melted
- 1 T cocoa powder
1. Mix the coffee and rum or sherry if using.
2. Dip each biscuit into the coffee mixture and pile onto a platter.
3. Beat together the mascarpone, creme fraiche, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Fold in the cream.
4. Spoon the mixture onto and spoon over the melted chocolate. Dust with cocoa just before serving.
Videography: Romy Wilson
Photography: Shavan Rahim
Food assistant: Lerato Motau