- 108 g flour
- 2 t baking powder
- a pinch salt
- 2 free-range eggs, beaten
- 50 g caster sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 2 T butter
- 8 Woolworths chocolate marshmallow eggs
- golden syrup, for serving
1. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a mixing bowl.
2. Beat the eggs and sugar, then stir in the milk and vanilla until well combined.
3. Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture and stir until smooth, then allow to rest for 10 minutes.
4. Lightly grease a jaffle iron, then spoon in the mixture to fill half of one side of the iron.
5. Place over a medium heat until small bubbles start to form on the edges of the batter, then place a marshmallow egg in the centre of the batter and spoon over more batter to cover the egg.
6. Close the jaffle iron, then flip over and cook on the other side. Turn the iron over every 2 minutes to ensure even cooking. Once the jaffle is cooked and golden brown on all sides, remove from the heat and repeat with the remaining batter and marshmallow eggs. Serve with golden syrup.
Photograph: Jan Ras