- For the pasta dough:
- 400 g flour, plus extra for dusting
- 4 free-range eggs
- 1 x 180 g bag Woolworths kale
- 4 T olive oil
- 1/4 loaf ciabatta, torn into bite-sized chunks
- 230 g green olives, drained
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1-2 chillies, chopped
- 50 g capers
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 50 g Parmesan, grated
1. To make the pasta dough, place the flour in a bowl or on a clean surface and make a well in the middle. Break the eggs into the well.
2. Using your fingertips, mix the flour and eggs until a dough forms. Knead until smooth and velvety. Rest under a bowl for 30 minutes.
3. Roll out using a pasta machine, cut and hang until ready to cook.
4. Pan-fry the kale in batches in 2 T olive oil until crispy. Remove from the pan. In the same pan, toast the ciabatta in 1 T olive oil until golden brown and crunchy.
5. Add the remaining olive oil and ingredients except the kale and Parmesan, and fry for 10 minutes.
6. Cook the pasta in a saucepan of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain and toss with the sauce. Add the kale and sprinkle over the Parmesan to serve. Season to taste.