- 6 free-range eggs, separated
- 2 t chives finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup Parmesan grated, plus extra for serving
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 T butter
- 1 T olive oil
- Vine tomatoes, blistered, for serving
- 6 asparagus spears, blanched and shaved (you can also use raw grated baby marrow)
Preheat the grill. Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form, then beat the egg yolks and fold into beaten egg whites with the chives, Parmesan and seasoning. (This is the secret behind the fluffiest omelettes!)
Heat the butter and olive oil in a cast-iron or ovenproof pan over a low heat. Add the egg mixture and cook until slightly golden and starting to lift from the sides of the pan.
Place under the grill for 1–2 minutes, or until the surface is golden. Remove from the heat and serve with the tomatoes, Parmesan and asparagus.
Need to know more about eggs? Read TASTE's ultimate egg guide here.