The Chocolate rumbullion condenses the flavours of Easter – chocolate and warm sweet spices – into the perfect after-dinner drink,
- 40 g milk chocolate or dark chocolate(Easter egg chocolate is fine!)
- 2 T vodka
- 2 T golden or dark rum
- A sprinkle Woolworths’ mixed spice
- 2 T milk
- ice for shaking
1. Melt milk chocolate (Easter egg chocolate is fine!) or dark chocolate (if you like your drinks with 70% cocoa solids and less sugar), over simmering water or in the microwave. Add a splash of water to loosen.
2. Add vodka, golden or dark rum (we used Bacardi), a sprinkle of Woolworths’ mixed spice ad milk (trust us) and mix well.
3. Shake with ice, strain into a martini glass and add grated chocolate. Swoon.
Photographs: Jan Ras
Production: Bianca Strydom