This curried lentils with fried eggs is made using leftovers from Hannah Lewry's curried lentils with air-fryer cauliflower bites recipe. Find the recipe for curried lentils with air-fryer cauliflower bites here.
- 4 Woolworths rotis
- butter or ghee, for frying
- 8 large free-range eggs
- leftover curried lentils
- fresh coriander, for serving
- curried butter, for drizzling
1. Fry the rotis in a hot pan in the butter or ghee until golden and slightly crisp.
2. Fry the eggs until crispy and cooked to your liking.
3. Reheat the lentils and spoon onto plates, top with the fried eggs and serve with fresh coriander and buttery rotis. Drizzle with the curried butter.
Cook's note: Always keep a pack of Woolworths rotis in the freezer for a last-minute dinner. The lentils also freeze well so double this recipe, freeze half and that‘s dinner.
Photographs: Jan Ras
Production: Hannah Lewry
Food assistant: Claire-Ellen Van Rooyen