This easy tuna mayo sandwich features avocado, cucumber ribbons and lettuce and tomato. It's the ultimate affordable lunch!
- 1 avocado
- 2 T tangy mayonnaise
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 slices brown sandwich bread
- 2 x 170 g cans light meat shredded tuna in brine, drained
- ¼ head iceberg lettuce
- 2 tomato, sliced
- ¼ cucumber, sliced
1. Mash the avocado and mayonnaise together and season to taste.
2. Generously spread the bread with the avo mayo. Top with the tuna, lettuce, tomato and cucumber and sandwich.
Costing per serving: R21.40*
*Prices calculated in December 2022