Ginger beer lollies with minted Prosecco ice
Cook’s tip: Make the lollies a week ahead
1 bottle Prosecco Ice, chilled
1 x 750 ml ginger beer
6 mint leaves, crushed
2 T sugar
1 lime, cut in half
1. Pour ginger beer into 8 lolly moulds and freeze.
2. Blend or smash mint and sugar and place on a saucer.
3. When ready to serve, rim the glasses with lime juice and dip the glasses into the sugar.
Place a lolly in each glass and top with Prosecco.
- Place a Woolworths Edible Wreath on the table and add hexagon trout and salmon on top. Serve with lemon wedges and tartar sauce.
- Place a Woolworths Micro Wreath on a platter and add cream cheese stars; serve with balsamic berry dressing.
My Lobola oxtail
Stained glass style gammon
Cook’s tip: Replace sorghum with bulgur wheat or giant couscous
500 g sorghum, soaked overnight
1 cucumber, chopped
1 punnet exotic tomatoes, cut in half
1 red onion, chopped finely
30 g parsley, chopped
30 g mint, chopped
30 g coriander, chopped
30 g dill, chopped
For the dressing:
3 garlic cloves, crushed
Juice of 2 lemons
¼ cup Red wine vinegar
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
Salt, to season
1. Place the sorghum in a large pot and cover with water. Simmer for 45 minutes until cooked but still has a bite. Drain and chill.
2. When ready to serve, toss all the ingredients together and mix in the dressing.
View this post on Instagram
For a spectacular dessert table, load the table with individual trifles, Enrobed Tiramisu sponge cake, mince pies, Chocolate Caramel ombre celebration cake, Christmas cookies and Tin Roof ice cream cake. Add Chuckles and decorations for festivity.
500 g butter/margarine
1 ½ cup castor sugar
2 tsp vanilla essence
6 cups flour
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp cream of tartar
Preheat oven to 180°C.
1. Cream the butter and castor sugar until smooth.
2. Add the vanilla essence and beat in the eggs, one at a time.
3. In a separate bowl, sift together the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and cream of tartar.
4. Gradually add the wet into dry ingredients and combine well.
5. Fill a cookie gun with the dough and turn out cookies 2 cm apart on a greased baking tray. Bake for 10-15 min until golden.
1 box strawberry jelly, prepared
1 ready-made fresh custard
6 mini caramel Swiss rolls, sliced
Crème fraîche or whipped cream
Raspberries and blueberries
1. Pour the jelly into 6 tumblers and leave to set in fridge.
2 Arrange the Swiss rolls on top and pour over the custard.
3 When ready to serve, add a blob of crème fraîche, berries and sprinkles.
Optional: Add a drizzle of sherry.
Tin Roof ice cream cake
1. Remove the ice cream from one tub of Woolworths Tin Roof ice cream, using a warm cloth and run a knife around the edges. Place on a platter and freeze until hard. When ready to serve, drizzle with 2. 2. 2. Woolworths caramel crunch and chocolate coating sauce.
3. Sprinkle with Chuckles, and cherries rolled in Woolies shimmer dust. Serve sliced as a terrine or scooped into chocolate cones.
Feeling inspired? Shop Christmas foods at Woolworths here.