- 1 block tofu (about 400g)
- 1 x 400 g can coconut milk
- 1 stalk lemongrass, cut into 2cm pieces and bruised
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 2 T fish sauce
- 2 T soft brown or palm sugar
- 2 fresh or dried kaffir-lime leaves, crumbled
- About 100g mangetout, trimmed
- About 100g baby corn
- About 100g sprigs tenderstem broccoli
- 1 - 3 t red curry paste
- For serving
- A handful of fresh coriander leaves, for garnishing
- Freshly cooked broad rice noodles
Pat the tofu dry with paper towel and cut it into large cubes.
Heat 6 tablespoons of coconut milk in a wide pan until bubbly.
Stir in the curry paste and lemongrass and cook for about a minute, until fragrant.
Add the vegetable stock, fish sauce, sugar and lime leaves. Bring to a boil.
Add the tofu and simmer for a few minutes. Finally add the remaining coconut milk and vegetables.
Simmer gently for a few minutes until tender, but crisp. To serve, sprinkle with coriander leaves and serve with rice noodles.