- 250 g strawberries, sliced
- 2 t caster sugar
- 3 large free-range egg yolks
- 3 T caster sugar
- ¼ cup Woolworths strawberry rosé wine
- 1 ClemenGold, zested and juiced
- shortbread, for serving (optional)
1. Soak the strawberries in the caster sugar and a squeeze of lemon juice or spoonful of water.
2. Bring a saucepan of water to a simmer. Place the egg yolks, caster sugar, wine, juice and zest in a large heatproof bowl that will fit over the saucepan. Whisk until combined. Place the bowl over the saucepan and whisk continuously. The water should just be simmering. Continue whisking until thick and airy, about 5–10 minutes.
3. Place the strawberries in serving dishes and spoon over the zabaglione. Serve immediately with shortbread biscuits or as is.
Photograph: Sadiqah Assur-ismail
Recipes: Hannah Lewry and Claire-ellen Van Rooyen