- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 T chopped ginger
- 2 sticks lemongrass, chopped
- 1 small chilli, diced and seeded
- 80 ml olive oil
- A selection of Rosalina and baby vine tomatoes
- 1 packet Patagonian calamari
- 150 ml light white wine
- 1 x 400 g chickpeas, drained
- 1 bunch fresh coriander
- 10 - 15 drops fish sauce
- 2 limes, juiced
Sweat the onion, salt, garlic, ginger, lemongrass and chilli in a little olive oil. Halve the tomatoes and set aside.
Add the calamari and white wine and boil quickly, then add the remaining olive oil.
Add the tomatoes, chickpeas and coriander stalks.
Bring to a simmer and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
Add the coriander leaves, fish sauce and lime juice.
Serve as a warm summer appetiser with croutons.
Cook's note: Sweet with a crisp flesh, Rosalina tomatoes have a distinct fruity flavour and beautiful yellow to orange blush.
Follow our step-by-step video and learn to make Luke Dale-Roberts' Asian-style tomato ragout.
Buy all the ingredients you need from the Woolworths online store here.
Find out more about the wonderful varieties of tomatoes, from bella to cherry and vine, and how to use them.