The Woolworths TASTE & Eat Out Culinary Bursary will be awarded to a student to train as a professional chef for one year at either Silwood Cookery School (Cape Town, Western Cape), Prue Leith’s Chef’s Academy (Centurion, Gauteng), or Jackie Cameron School of Food & Wine (Hilton, KwaZulu Natal). The scholarship will begin in 2018.
Do you think you have what it takes to become a culinary genius? Do you have a passion for food and cooking and show a keen interest in raising the standard of South Africa’s culinary industry?
Terms & Conditions for the 2018 Woolworths TASTE & Eat Out Culinary Bursary
1. Applicants must be South African citizens.
2. Applicants must be at least 18 years old.
3. Applicants must be available to start tuition from January 2018
4. Applicants must ideally show proof of prior working experience in a professional kitchen i.e. in a restaurant, shop or café as a paid employee or intern.
5. Applicants must ideally be supported by a stable home environment, family and transport arrangements.
6. Living expenses, transport costs, accommodation and personal expenses are not included in the bursary
7. The bursary winner must attend the participating school closest to their place of residence.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications close 31 July 2017. If you haven’t heard from us by 15 October, please consider your application unsuccessful.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO COMPLETE THE APPLICATION FORM
1. A motivational letter of no longer than 200 words
2. Your answers to the following five questions:
- What is your favourite flavour combination and why?
- How do you think the people who work with you would describe you and why?
- Who is your role model in the food industry and why?
- What are the latest food trends?
- Which magazines/blogs/websites inspire you?
3. A portrait (headshot) photo of yourself
4. A copy of your South African ID document